With the 2017 Super Bowl upon us, here is a great finger food recipe that will wow the party. I grew up with lox and cream cheese brunches. While I never could get into eating smoked salmon, this carrot version is arguable better tasting and certainly more healthy. Enjoy!
- 4 carrots
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Sea Kelp Seasoning
- Vegan cream cheese of choice (I used Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots into thin, flat strips, as wide as possible.
- In a bowl, whisk tamari, liquid smoke and seasoning. Toss carrots in marinade.
- Wrap in a sealed foil pouch and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate until time to assemble the crackers.
- Spread cream cheese on a cracker, top with a few pieces of carrot and garnish with parsley